The Birketts are the 541 Lake District fells described in Bill Birkett's book Complete Lakeland Fells. This book first published in 1994 described 129 walks taking in every hill over 1,000 feet.
NOTE: Click on a heading to SORT ... Type in the SEARCH box to refine the list ... Select how many hills to SHOW ... Click on PREVIOUS or NEXT to move from page to page. Click on the "+" sign for more details. [wpdatatable id=32] The hills are divided in 6 areas ...
- Western Fells which cover an area of 205 square miles and consist of 13 groups with 43 walks and 2 supplimentary walks over 188 fell tops
- North Western Fells which cover an area of 80 square miles and consist of 4 groups with 12 walks over 56 fell tops
- Northern Fells which cover an area of 85 square miles and consist of 3 groups with 14 walks and 1 supplementary walk over 58 fell tops
- Central Fells which cover an area of 90 square miles and consist of 4 groups with 16 walks over 66 fell tops
- Eastern Fells which cover an area of 140 square miles and consist of 6 groups with 23 walks over 95 fell tops
- Southern Fells which cover 280 square miles and consists of 6 groups with 18 walks over 78 fell tops
Bill Birkett is one of the world's foremost mountain writers and photographers, and is a leading climber who has undertaken many expeditions around the world.